21 Healthy Habits #11: 5 Super Easy Healthy Snacks to Keep You Energized
by Joy Wang | January 25, 2017
When hunger strikes, it’s easy to reach for the vending machine or a sugary snack - but this is setting you up for an energy crash (not to mention extra pounds from the unhealthy food!) But there’s an easy solution: It’s really easy to have healthy snacks on hand that will keep you energized and healthy. The key is to make sure that your snack choices are nutritionally balanced and healthy.
Healthy Tip # 11 - 5 Easy Healthy Snacks
Try a combination of the 5 healthy snacks that take seconds to prepare, and will be easy to reach for when hunger strikes.
- Hard boiled eggs - make a batch of these weekly and keep in your fridge for a quick "grab and go" snack. You can eat them plain, sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili powder, or slice on toast or crackers for an easy delicious snack.
- Nut butter - this is a great snack to keep at your desk, or reach for when you have a craving for something creamy. You can eat a scoop right out of the jar, or spread it on apple slices, celery, crackers, or a banana.
- Fruit - reach for a piece of fruit if you're craving something sweet. Apples are a great option because they’re easy to carry with you and don’t bruise as easily as other fruits.
- Protein bars - these convenient snacks are a great way to curb hunger between meals because the extra protein will keep you full for hours. Choose the ones with natural ingredients and less sugar!
- Nuts - these compact energy snacks are easy to carry with you everywhere for hunger emergencies. Try a combination of your favorite nuts like cashews, almonds, macadamia nuts or pistachios.
These 5 healthy snacks are all super easy to make and take with you so that you’re prepared to keep your blood sugar level stable throughout the day. No more vending machine snacks and energy crashes - choose a healthy snack to try this week and notice how great you feel! You can do this in 2017!
Like the Tip? Share / Comment / Tag on Facebook or Instagram!